As I’m writing this, there are more than 40,000 plugins in the official plugin directory at WordPress.org, so there’s surely you have a lot of options to choose from. I admit it takes a lot of trial and error to figure out exactly which ones are the most useful, have the fewest bugs and actually make your website optimized than before.
I have chosen my list with plugins that I will use for the time being and hope it will help you too in finding the right set for your website or even tell me about a better alternative that you’ve tested yourself.
Foo Gallery – Foo Gallery is the most intuitive and extensible gallery management tool ever created for WordPress.
Some of the features:
- Gallery custom post type
- Use built-in media library to manage images
- Drag n Drop reordering of images and galleries
- Built-in gallery templates
- Built-in Extensions Store
- Built on an extension framework
- Custom CSS for both galleries and albums
- Copy to clipboard shortcodes
- Visual shortcodes in rich text editor
- Gallery picker to insert shortcode
- Page usage metabox with one-click gallery page creation
- NextGen importer tool (albums and galleries)
- Multisite Support
Latest Posts Widget – Is a light widget designed to do one thing and do it well: display the most recent posts from your site with various options like excerpt, featured image, date by sorting & ordering feature.
- Option to change ordering of posts.
- Option to show post thumbnail & set dimension by width & height.
- Set how many posts to show.
- Option to show the post excerpt and how long the excerpt should be.
- Option to show the post date.
- Option to show the comment count.
- Multiple widgets.
Lazy Load – Lazy load images to improve page load times and server bandwidth. Images are loaded only when visible to the user.
TRAFFIC GENERATION & SOCIAL SHARING
Pinterest Pin It Button On Image Hover And Post – Provides facility to pins your blog posts, pages and images into your Pinterest account boards.
- Show Pinterest Pin It Button On Image Hover
- Show Pinterest Pin It Button In Post
- Show Pinterest Pin It Button In Page
- Pinterest Pin It Button Settings
- Customizable Button Color On Hover
- Customizable Button Size On Hover
- Enable / Disable Pin button On Mobile & Portable Devices
- Multilingual – Translatable in Any Language
POWr Twitter Feed – Twitter Feed helps you grow your Twitter following, get more Likes and Retweets. Combine and display multiple @handles and #hashtags in a single feed
- Display posts from any Twitter feed.
- Adjust the priority for different feeds to display your favorite content.
- Follow any @handles or #hashtags.
- Custom fonts, colors, backgrounds, and more.
- Adjustable sizing and spacing.
- Supports text in any language.
- Mobile responsive on any device.
Social Share Buttons by Supsystic – Social share buttons to increase social traffic and popularity. Social sharing to Facebook like and share, Twitter, Pinterest and other social networks
- Over 15 Social Networks
- Fully Responsive
- Add Sharing Buttons in Different Locations
- Professional Templates of the Social Media Icons & Share Buttons
- Choose pages to show social share buttons
- Simple share buttons configuration and design
- Customizable design and animation effects
- Shortcode support
- Different Buttons Placement Option
- Content Lock
If there are any plugins that you think deserve to be mentioned, please let me know!