Best Free WordPress Plugins Essential For My Blog (part 2)
As I’m writing this, there are more than 40,000 plugins in the official plugin directory at WordPress.org, so sure you have a lot of options to choose from. I admit it takes a lot of trial and error to figure out exactly which ones are the most useful, have the fewest bugs and actually make your website optimized than before.
I have chosen my list with plugins that I will use for the time being and hope it will help you too in finding the right set for your website or even tell me about a better alternative that you’ve tested yourself.
Foo Gallery – Foo Gallery is the most intuitive and extensible gallery management tool ever created for WordPress.
Some of the features:
- Gallery custom post type
- Use built-in media library to manage images
- Drag n Drop reordering of images and galleries
- Built-in gallery templates
- Built-in Extensions Store
- Built on an extension framework
- Custom CSS for both galleries and albums
- Copy to clipboard shortcodes
- Visual shortcodes in rich text editor
- Gallery picker to insert shortcode
- Page usage metabox with one-click gallery page creation
- NextGen importer tool (albums and galleries)
- Multisite Support
Latest Posts Widget – Is a light widget designed to do one thing and do it well: display the most recent posts from your site with various options like excerpt, featured image, date by sorting & ordering feature.
- Option to change ordering of posts.
- Option to show post thumbnail & set dimension by width & height.
- Set how many posts to show.
- Option to show the post excerpt and how long the excerpt should be.
- Option to show the post date.
- Option to show the comment count.
- Multiple widgets.
Lazy Load – Lazy load images to improve page load times and server bandwidth. Images are loaded only when visible to the user.
TRAFFIC GENERATION & SOCIAL SHARING
Pinterest Pin It Button On Image Hover And Post – Provides facility to pins your blog posts, pages and images into your Pinterest account boards.
- Show Pinterest Pin It Button On Image Hover
- Show Pinterest Pin It Button In Post
- Show Pinterest Pin It Button In Page
- Pinterest Pin It Button Settings
- Customizable Button Color On Hover
- Customizable Button Size On Hover
- Enable / Disable Pin button On Mobile & Portable Devices
- Multilingual – Translatable in Any Language
POWr Twitter Feed – Twitter Feed helps you grow your Twitter following, get more Likes and Retweets. Combine and display multiple @handles and #hashtags in a single feed
- Display posts from any Twitter feed.
- Adjust the priority for different feeds to display your favorite content.
- Follow any @handles or #hashtags.
- Custom fonts, colors, backgrounds, and more.
- Adjustable sizing and spacing.
- Supports text in any language.
- Mobile responsive on any device.
Social Share Buttons by Supsystic – Social share buttons to increase social traffic and popularity. Social sharing to Facebook like and share, Twitter, Pinterest and other social networks
- Over 15 Social Networks
- Fully Responsive
- Add Sharing Buttons in Different Locations
- Professional Templates of the Social Media Icons & Share Buttons
- Choose pages to show social share buttons
- Simple share buttons configuration and design
- Customizable design and animation effects
- Shortcode support
- Different Buttons Placement Option
- Content Lock
If there are any plugins that you think deserve to be mentioned, please let me know!