The comments on your blog articles are very important from several points of view. One of the important factors is that they help you interact with your visitors. Comments are very useful in promoting the blog they represent and they can also bring more readers and therefore more customers. If you want to determine more visitors to leave comments try the tips below.
1. BECOMING AN OPINION LEADER
If you write articles that allow readers to form an opinion, you increase the chance that they will leave a comment section with their own personal opinion.
2. WRITE QUALITY CONTENT
Quality content can be seen more easily online and can, therefore, bring visitors and comments. In general, most of the comments recorded after posting an article are from people who read its content in full. So if you want your articles to be read completely write quality content. As a result, your visitor retention rate will increase and it can lead to recording a higher number of comments.
3. DETERMINE MORE PEOPLE TO VISIT YOUR BLOG
There are several ways to do this, among them are implementing an SEO strategy or use social networks. Thus, redirecting more traffic to your blog you will increase the chance for visitors to leave comments on articles they are interested.
4. A SIMPLE FORM TO GET USER COMMENTS
Methods such as authentication or create an account to post a comment can push readers from doing so. Ask your visitors as little data as possible and allow them to comment and add it in a simple manner. The more you make this process easier, the more possible is to receive comments.
5. REPLY TO YOUR VISITOR COMMENTS
If you answer to people who make comments, they will understand that your blog is active and they will visit more often. In terms of optimization, this may also attract new visitors and therefore comments.
If you have a WordPress website, it’s perfect because I can give you a small list of commenting plugins that I’ve tried and use since I have my blog and perhaps help you choose the one that will be a perfect fit for your personal website or business so here it is:
The Best Commenting Plugins for WordPress
Disqus is the web’s most popular commenting system trusted by millions of publishers to increase reader engagement, grow audience and traffic, and monetize content. Disqus helps publishers of all sizes engage directly with their audiences to build loyalty, retain readers, and foster thriving communities.
- Syncs comments automatically to WordPress for backup and flexibility if you ever decide to switch to a different platform
- Loads asynchronously with advanced caching so that Disqus doesn’t affect your site’s performance
- Monetization options to grow revenue
- Export comments to WordPress-compatible XML to backup or migrate to another system
- Analytics dashboard for measuring overall engagement on your site
- Mobile responsive design
wpDiscuz (the current commenting plugin I’m using on my blog)
- Adds interactive comment box on posts and other content types
- Responsive comments form and comment threads design
- Clean, simple and easy user interface and user experience
- Live update of new comments with notifier buttons
- Comment list sorting by newest, oldest and most voted comments
- Anonymous comments ( name and email can be set as not required )
- Full integration with Social Network Login plugins (Facebook, Twitter…)
- Allows to create a new discussion thread and reply to existing comment
- Ajax button “Load More Comments” instead of simple comments pagination
- Users can edit their comments (time-frame can be limited by admin)
- Automatic URLs to link conversion in comment texts
- Automatic image source URLs to image (HTML) conversion in comment texts
- Subscription activation via additional “Confirm Subscription” email
- Secure and Anti-Spam features will not allow spammers to comment
- Comment voting with positive and negative result
CommentLuv Pro has even more amazing features that can bring even more traffic and comments to your blog by giving you the ability to fight spam, add keywords, integrate twitter link, add a top commentators widget, social enticements and by having it installed on your site, you get advanced backlink features on EVERY CommentLuv blog when you comment
- WordPress native comments
- Real-time with minimal server load
- Fully ajax commenting for both sending and receiving comments
- Integrates with any theme while still blending in with your brand
- Front end moderation with real-time updates. It’s insanely fast.
Replyable works seamlessly with your existing commenting workflow including antispam solutions like Akismet, and WPBruiser – as well as moderation solutions like Crowd Control, Sift Ninja, and the WordPress mobile app.
Reply to any comment notification to post a followup comment. Even when offline.
Sending email in WordPress doesn’t always work. Hosts throttle outgoing messages to as few as 5 per hour. Replyable sends comment notifications for you
Choose to have authors and guest authors automatically subscribed to comments on their own posts. Replyable will deliver the most relevant and thoughtful comments via email, and of course let them reply to send a response.
Replyable recognizes the quality and relevance of comments and only sends the best to people who have subscribed. Comment content is scored for relevance, length, reading level, and sentiment. If it doesn’t add to the conversation, it’ll be held back and only included in a daily recap.
So if you have a blog and want to improve your popularity and try to follow the tips above and you’ll see how slowly will increase the number of comments and of course traffic to your blog.